“Iodine is another essential
dietary element that is
only needed in tiny
Salt is an important and essential mineral in many body functions. At the recommended level of no more than 5g or a teaspoon a day, salt helps to:
• Control blood sugar by promoting insulin sensitivity, which decreases the risk of diabetes.
• Maintain the right levels of stomach acid needed for good digestion.
• Reduce stress hormones and improve sleep quality.
• Improve metabolism and encourage a healthy weight.
• Support a healthy thyroid function, which helps the brain, muscles, heart and other organs work efficiently and controls how the body uses food for energy.
• Balance hormone levels, helping the body to retain other important minerals such as magnesium and potassium.